Toll Free Help/Orders:
Voodoo Vibe Jr
Our Price: $399.99
Price Includes FREE Ground Shipping!
Roger Mayer Voodoo Vibe Jr:
The Voodoo-Vibe Jr is Roger Mayer's latest evolution of the Univibe unit that was used by Jimi Hendrix and Robin Trower. The Voodoo-Vibe Jr will faithfully reproduce all the old sounds and incorporates the modifications Roger made for Jimi. The SUPERVIBE was Roger's first evolution of the Univibe and it was used by many leading performers including Stevie Ray Vaughan and Robin Trower . The VOODOO-VIBE is the 2nd evolution and also has a Tremolo circuit plus the usual Chorus and Vibrato functions. The control of the sound parameters is greatly expanded and is capable of producing many new unheard effects. The VOODOO-VIBE Jr is the 3rd evolution and is the smaller brother of Roger's famous Voodoo-Vibe, which is used by so many great guitarists such as Page and Clapton and still today remains the standard by which all other Vibe type clones are judged. The Jr has been designed in response to the many requests of having a smaller unit with less knobs that still gives the great tone of it's bigger and more complicated brother. The Vibe Jr. has the same circuitry and sound but does not have the Tremolo function and is much easier and quicker to set up. The Voodoo-Vibe Jr is completely analogue in operation and exhibits a very transparent and full sound quality that is lacking in digital units that simulate chorus, flanging, phasing and vibrato effects. The digital zipper noise and graininess is eliminated and the guitar tone is maintained throughout the full dynamic range. Class A discrete circuitry is used in all audio stages and results in ultra high audio quality and very low noise. The signal to noise ratio of the unit is 102 Db, which is about 12 Db better than a compact disc. Extensive power supply filtering is used to ensure low noise operation from mains AC adapters.
New Additional Features:
- MULTI-MODE OUTPUTS / HARD WIRE BYPASS: The Vision Series all have a true hard wire output plus two buffered outputs that can drive long cable lengths with no high frequency loss. These buffered outputs are disconnected when the hard wire output is being used. This feature is unique and means that all possible set up situations are catered for whether you want a true hard wire output or you need the advantages of buffered outputs. This should end the debate over which is best. You now can make the choice yourself.
- Mode 1:There is no jack plug inserted into the Hard Wire Output (HW OUT1): The input of the buffer is connected through switching contacts on this jack socket (HW OUT1) to the foot switching output ( "full bypass" or "effect" ) and the two buffer outputs ( BF OUT2 ) and ( BF OUT3 ) will thus follow the foot switching action. In this "bypass mode" however the input of the buffer is only connected to the Input jack socket of the unit and not to the Octavia circuit as well so it can be thought of as "full bypass buffered".
- Mode 2: When a jack is inserted into the Hard Wire Output (HW OUT1): The input of the buffer is disconnected and no output signal will appear at the two buffered outputs. The Hard Wire Output ( HW OUT1 ) will follow the foot switching output ( "full bypass" or "effect" ). In this "bypass mode" the Hard Wire Output ( HW OUT1 ) is directly connected to the Input jack socket and to nothing else in the unit and is in "full bypass" - "true bypass" or "hard wire bypass" mode as the input is directly connected to the output through the foot switch and to nothing else.
- LED: An LED shows the status of the effect. The LED also shows a low battery condition and will fail to light in either status thus showing that battery replacement is required.
- RAPID BATTERY CHANGE: No more screws to lose! Slide the front panel back and there is the battery. It could not be simpler or faster. See picture below.
- LONG BATTERY LIFE: Battery life has been optimised for all models by the carefull use of discrete circuitry.
- EXTERNAL POWER ADAPTER / SUPPLY: An external AC adapter (not supplied) can be used and access is through a standard DC power jack situated next to the jack sockets. It uses the standard negative centre pin connection protocol used by many leading manufacturers. Internal onboard filtering ensures that optimum low noise performance is maintained and diode protection provides peace of mind in case of polarity setting mistakes.
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN: The position of the jack sockets and DC power jack are all on the same side of the enclosure and face away from you thus enabling the effect to be optimally positioned in pedal board set-ups.