Toll Free Help/Orders:
Roger Mayer Voodoo Blues
Our Price: $319.99
Price Includes FREE Ground Shipping!
Roger Mayer Voodoo Blues:
Comments provided by Roger Mayer: "A lot of people have requested me to make new unique dual purpose guitar pedal with clean sustain and overdrive that can be used with chords. I am proud to announce the Voodoo-Blues a revolutionary new design which can be set to provide both overdrive and clean boost.
I have over the years repeatedly refused to make an updated copy or clone of the Tube Screamer because I personally was never happy with its nasal tone and lack of detail and dynamics. A new innovative design approach was needed to make a unique product that would be a significant improvement. The Voodoo-Blues is the result. A unique new guitar effects pedal that uses a completely different circuit to produce a set of very musical overtones with feed forward compression as it slips into overdrive. The full dynamics and detail of the guitars tone are faithfully preserved and the unit cleans up perfectly with the guitar Volume control.
I urge you to compare the Voodoo-Blues with any type of overdrive pedal for you to "experience the difference" and not agree that it does its job beautifully and gives the discerning player an alternative for those who demand this type of overdrive. Our "Forward Ever - Backward Never" approach to effects design has fuelled our success since 1964 and has enabled us to move the goal posts forwards again setting new benchmark standards.
The output level is high enough to drive the 1st Stage of Tube Amplifiers into distortion if required and the Fatness control does what it says and is not just a simple EQ section.
It has all the usual features of our Voodoo-Series pedals and is a welcome addition to the range.
Don't imagine that it can only be used for Blues as its characteristics lend itself very well to Rock and Country as well."
- Multi-mode Outputs / Hard Wire Bypass/ Two Buffered Outputs: The Voodoo-Vibe Jr has a true hard wire output plus two buffered outputs that can drive long cable lengths with no high frequency loss. These buffered outputs are disconnected when the hard wire output is being used. This means that all performance situations are catered for whether you want a true hard wire output or your situation calls for the advantages of buffered outputs.
- Rapid Battery Change: No more screws to loose!. Slide the front panel back and there is the battery. It could not be simpler or faster.
- Battery Life: 50 hours or more using a premium grade alkaline 9 Volt type.
- External Power Adapter / Supply: An external AC adapter (not supplied) can be used and access is through a standard DC power jack situated next to the jack sockets. It uses the standard negative centre pin connection protocol used by many leading manufacturers. Internal onboard filtering ensures that optimum low noise performance is maintained and diode protection provides peace of mind in case or polarity setting mistakes.
- Ergonomic Design: The position of the jack sockets and DC power jack are all on the same side of the enclosure and face away from you thus enabling the effect to be optimally positioned in pedal board set-ups.
- Size: 170mm (W) x 112mm (D) x 57mm (H); 6.7" (W) x 4.4" (D) x 2.25" (H)
- Weight: 640g / 1.42 Lbs with battery.
Several Samples Here
REVIEWS & USER COMMENTS:
HARMONY CENTRAL USER REVIEW 2/25/2007:
"The VB is one of those pedals that compliments your amps tone and this unit is all about smooth tone.The fatness swithch is not just a simple EQ switch like on most overdrive pedals as it doesn't go all the way to silly treble and booming bass.The fatness control seems to be modelled on musical tone if you turn it all the way to the left the sound is still smooth but gives your sound more edge and turned to the right you have more bottom end.The fatness switch seems to be very subtle though which isn't a bad thing.The drive switch is also very subtle and compliments your guitars tone.If you like alot of overdrive this pedal isn't for you as the pedal never looses sight of your guitars characteristics...so screming distorted lead this pedal just will not do.The output conrol can be used as a volume boost and is quite sensitive so it's best to have a fidle. I play a EJ Strat and an old American jazzmaster through a Fender Twin Reverb and a blues junior through a spliter and it makes good gear sound even better!!This pedal is just so smooth.No rasp no fizz no noise it's super quite just pure musical tone!!"
HARMONY CENTRAL USER REVIEW 2/6/2007:
"I use this pedal with various strats and teles, my amps are old Fenders and also DR Z amps! I have other RM pedals plus a couple other strange effects that i use every now and then. You cannot find a bad sound out of this! I play in a original rock band thats style is kind of similar to RATM and the Chili peppers but my style is greatly influenced by Eric Johnson and SRV etc..... Just by changing a few settings on this pedal i can go from Greasy SRV neck pickup licks right through to Humbucking fat tone with the bridge pickup on my tele. There's a choice of Buffered outputs or true bypass outputs, i prefer the buffered output as it keeps your signal clean when bypassed. I've tried every overdrive/booster/TS style pedal on the market and this just pisses over every fulltone/T-rex and all that other bullshit overpriced shite thats flooding the market."
ALL HARMONY CENTRAL USER REVIEWS