Our Price: $224.99
Price Includes FREE UPS Ground!
Barber Electronics Tone Pump EQ:
Barber Electronics introduces a terrific update to their now legendary Tone Pump!. The Tone Pump now has a new tone control design that allows for an even clearer and more dynamic sound. The final update to the Tone Pump came about by the folks at Barber listening to their users and granting them their wish by matching the low end response of the boost mode to the first channel. All this adds up to an exciting new Tone Pump that veteran and new users alike will love!
The Tone Pump EQ has a beautiful transparent presentation which allows it to take on the characteristics of your guitar and amp without changing their tonal balance. The Tone Pump's gain structure allows for plenty of flexibility by using two foot switchable modes. The first mode provides a moderate rhythm setting for overdriven chord work which retains absolute harmonic clarity, while the second mode delivers a fat sustaining lead sound which is quite satisfying and easy to work with.
- Precision Matched Components: using proprietary specifications to ensure symmetrical clipping and reduced intermodulation distortion.
- True Bypass Switching with LED Indicator: this is achieved by using an extremely high grade switch, in addendum oxygen free hookup wire is used between the jacks and switching to create the most transparent bypass yet. Barber electronics has put as much work into the bypass as the overdrive circuit itself.
- Two Levels of Overdrive: for distorted rhythm and a second mode for sustaining and thickening lead work. This effectively gives you three channels from your clean amp.
- Full Size Pots: For durability and for easy serviceability if needed.
- Hand Made: Barber Electronics make the Tone Pump one at a time and each one is signed and dated by the craftsman.
- Tonally Balanced: The most important thing about the Tone Pump is that it maintains the tonal balance between your guitar and amp. There is no funny midrange hump or loss of bottom end to SPOIL the sound of your guitar and amp that you have so carefully chosen.
- New External Bass Pot: This great new feature allows the user to properly match the bass response of the tone Pump to their guitar and amp, this eliminates any low end loss....a tweakers dream!
- Volume Knob Response Circuitry: numerous shades and textures at your fingertips just by adjusting your volume knob. NO dead spots!
- Cast Aluminum Enclosure: Barber's incredibly durable enclosure will last decades if not centuries!
- Double-sided PC Board with Plate Through Holes: This is the way the military does it when they want electronics to work FOREVER! all pedals should be made this way , few are....once again Barber electronics draws the line in the sand!
- Unique Pivot-Style 9v Battery Clip: Barber's battery clip uses an eccentric pivot to swivel the battery clip in and out of the unit for durable long life operation.
- DC Jack: Included.
AUDIO SAMPLES: Coming soon...
REVIEWS & USER COMMENTS:
HARMONY CENTRAL USER REVIEW 11/27/2001:
"Overall, the best overdrive I have ever used. I play blues mostly. Some rock. Been playing off and on about 30 years. Have owned several overdrive pedals, all in a graveyard or in someone's arsenal. Nothing comes closer to obtaining virtually any beautiful, glorious (even "greasy") overdrive, at ANY volume. It leaves me wanting for nothing, leaves the music come through. This unit just makes me want to play more, there is such responsiveness, even to pick attack! That's saying something in an overdrive unit."
HARMONY CENTRAL USER REVIEW 6/15/2001:
"10 all the way. I've been playing professionally for 24 years. I still gig occasionally, but, mostly, I'm a full-time professional studio musician. I've tried so many different effects, guitars, amps and setups and, no matter what, was always in "search mode" for something that was better than what I had - something that could give me the tones that made me drool. My search is over, but I still drool."