Our Price: $249.99
Price Includes FREE Ground Shipping!
Peterson V-SAM Virtual Strobe / Audio Tuner with Metronome:
Peterson introduces the "V-SAM", a combination of programmable VIRTUAL STROBE tuner, AUDIO tone generator, and METRONOME in a hand-held format. It marries the revolutionary (patent pending) Virtual Strobe TechnologyTM first introduced in the VS-1 tuner with new, brighter, high-contrast display.
The V-SAM's "tuner mode" expands upon the Peterson VS-1 with an even wider variety of alternate temperaments and the ability to select temperament tonal roots. In addition, the user can create and store custom temperaments and use them with the same flexibility as preset ones. The V-SAM automatically detects a note being played in real-time and is accurate to 1/1000th of a semitone. It can transpose displayed notes based on any of 12 scale notes. The ultra-wide 410.0 to 490.0Hz range of the V-SAM's Concert A pitch reference makes it the premium choice for "Early Music" instruments such as harpsichord, lute, recorder, and Baroque flute.
The "Bass Shift" feature allows effortless tuning of double bass (including instruments with fingerboard extensions), tuba, and euphonium. A built-in speaker is included for the audio tone generator/tuner, and a pre-amplified signal is provided to drive a P.A. or headphones. These new and expanded features permit definitive measurement and control of the intonation of orchestral instruments, allowing tuning and real-time scale rehearsal for stringed instruments such as violin, cello, and concert harp as well as all brass and woodwind instruments in all keys, all tonal roots, and all temperaments-a worldwide first!
The high-output tone generator within the V-SAM offers an unprecedented 10 octaves of audible tones, which conform to a selected preset or custom temperament and are adjustable in 0.1cent increments. This permits ear-training possibilities previously unavailable in a hand-held device.
The V-SAM's audio/visual metronome allows tap or dial-in tempo, adjustable beats per measure, beat subdivisions, and a stopwatch function. An exclusive "INTRO" feature automatically silences the audible output of the metronome after a pre-selected number of measures-perfect for setting a clean start and tempo without being "handcuffed" to the metronome beat for an entire song. All settings can be saved as power-on defaults.
The Peterson V-SAM is housed in a durable rubber boot with detachable, adjustable stand and powered by batteries or the supplied AC adapter, making it a very rugged yet portable device. Optional extras include a TP-1 clip-on pickup and a handsome, embroidered carrying case. The combination of Peterson's incredible Virtual Strobe Technology with full tuner programmability, audio tones, and feature-filled metronome makes the V-SAM a versatile resource for the busy Band Director and a "must have" for any classroom, practice room, or marching field!
- NEW! Strobe Tuner, Tone Generator and Metronome modes
- NEW! Adjustable to all keys, tonal roots and temperaments- a worldwide first!
- NEW! Savable settings such as temperament, key, metronome and default settings
- NEW! Concert A Reference of 410 to 490Hz
- NEW! Brighter, high contrast display
- NEW! Built-in speaker for 10 octave audio tuner and metronome
- NEW! Metronome with Tap Temo, Adjustable Subdivisions and Beats/Measure as well as new INTRO feature
- Accuracy To 1/10 Cent (1/1000 Semitone)
- Smooth, Instantaneous Tuning Response
- Exclusive Virtual Strobe Technology
- Quick-Touch Rotary Knob For Fast, Easy Use
- Automatic Or Manual Note Selection
- Selectable Historical Temperaments Including Just
- Exclusive "Sweetened", Tempered Guitar Tuning
- Extended Bass mode let's you tune down to 4HZ!
- Large Note Display With Transposition To All Chromatic Keys
- Adjustable Concert A Reference In 0.5 Hz Increments
- Powered By 3 AA Batteries Or Included Smart Power 3VDC Universal Adapter (90VAC~240VAC)
- Weighs In At Under 1.2 Pounds (approx. 0.5kg)—2.1 pounds US shipping weight
- Built-In Microphone For Acoustic Instruments
- Rubber Boot For Better Grip And Added Protection
- 2-Way Stand Permits Flat, Angled, Or Vertical Wall Hung Positioning
- AUTOMATIC OCTAVE REGISTER ADJUSTMENT - widest, most readable, strobe bands are automatically displayed for any octave. Unusable bands are automatically blanked.
- EASY NOTE DISPLAY TRANSPOSITION - to any of 12 chromatic keys. Peterson introduces a Fret Transposition Scale™ (FTS) for clearer key transposition with fretted instruments.
REVIEWS & USER COMMENTS:
HARMONY CENTRAL: USER REVIEW 7/12/2003:
"I have a studio, and I have been playing music for 44 years. I was blessed to come from a musical family, so I began with drums, then piano, cornet, guitar, bass, mandolin. I have gibson, yairi, yamaha, taylor, fender, guitars, and a whole lot of other stuff. This tuner will be used for a very wide range of musical instruments, including drums and percussion. If it were stolen or lost I would immediately replace it with another. I love the speed and precision that the virtual strobe offers versus what you get from lighted arrows or meters. Over the years, I have used a variety of tuners and none compares to the V-SAM. What I don't like about this unit is the AC power transformer (wall wart), just as a matter of principle. So far, that's the only negative I can come up with. I could redesign the box, build it with superior material, eliminate the wall wart, etc., but then I would have likely paid $500 or $600 for it. In this price range, I don't think you can find the precision, flexibility, ease of use, portability, etc., that this unit offers. While I don't see my using the metronome feature much, if at all, it is nice to know it's there if needed. Guitar tuning has never been better. Oh did I mention you can load various tuning temperaments into two separate programs?"