Our Price: $229.99
Price Includes FREE Ground Shipping!
Seymour Duncan SFX-04 Twin Tube Mayhem:
The Twin Tube Mayhem is a high-quality guitar preamp with built in boost. Uses a duet of premium, mil-spec, subminiature, USA-made Phillips-Sylvania 62051 pentode tubes. Great for old school metal, new metal, thrash, death and doom.
The high plate voltage and 100% vacuum tube signal path allow the tubes to operate at their fullest potential and provide maximum dynamic range. Additional gain is achieved with a high voltage, low noise, discrete Class A input stage. The solid state input stage increases the resistance of the stomp-box to microphonics. The result is maximum dynamic range, the most gain, and the heaviest tone you expect from a great tube preamp voiced for metal. Also features user-selectable 4dB or 8dB boost for pre-setting rhythm and lead levels. True bypass. Fully encapsulated toroidal transformer for quiet operation. Heavy duty steel chassis.
- Gain measured at 1 KHz:
- Before Level Compensation – 97 dB
- After Level Compensation – 71 dB
- Nominal Output Level – 0.25 Vrms (-10dBu), measured with 100mV 1 KHz input signal and all controls set to 12 o'clock
- Max. output level before clipping – 5 Vrms (16dBu), measured with gain set at 50% and all other controls set full up and boost footswitch set to 8dB
- Input Impedance: 100KOhm
- THD @ 100mV RMS output – .5%
- Noise @ Output – 4mV (< 3dB hum content)
- Boost Footswitch Gain: Two selectable boosts, 4dB and 8dB. No effect on tone, just increased level.
- Active Equalization Section:
- Bass Control: 126 Hz, Q = 1.5, Gain = +/-12dB
- Midrange Control: 596 Hz / 1389 Hz, Q = 1.5, Gain = +/-12dB
- Treble Control: 2.93 KHz, Q = 1.4, Gain = +/-12dB
- Power Consumption – 11W
- True bypass switching
- External Dimensions: 7.50" X 6.62" X 1.96" (190mm X 168mm X 50mm)
- Weight – 3.15 lbs. (1.43KG)
Video Samples Here
REVIEWS & USER COMMENTS:
Australia Mixdown Review