Our Price: $249.99
Price Includes FREE Ground Shipping!
The Empress Tap Tremolo is an original design built from the ground up to include innovative features without sacrificing tone. The audio signal path is analog, but the tremolo effect is controlled digitally via opto technology.
- Pristine Sound: The Empress Tremolo has to be heard to be believed. It's whisper quiet and free from the "LFO throb" usually associated with tremolos.
- Waveform Selection: You can modulate your sound with three different waveforms. An asymmetrical tremolo was modelled after a '65 Fender Vibrolux (brown face) to give you the fullest tremolo sound possible. A square wave can be utilized if you're after a harder sound. And if you're looking for a more normal tremolo, you can use the triangle wave setting.
- Tap Tempo: The Empress Trem averages your last four taps so it plays in sync with your music. You can also choose different tap to tremolo rate ratios. 1:1, 1:2, and 1:4 are available.
- Two Speed Mode: An exclusive feature to the Empress Trem. You're able to set two different rates, and switch between them using the tap tempo stompswitch. This is similar to playing through a Leslie cabinet and changing the speed.
- Rhythms: Another exclusive feature. The Empress Trem will definiately do your run-of-the-mill tremolo sound to a tee. But you can also set it to play different rhythms.
- Gain: A problem with most tremolos on the market is that when they're engaged, you hear a noticeable drop in volume. The Empress Trem solves this by having a gain stage on the output. It's able to deliver up to 6dB of gain without adding any distortion to the signal.
- True Bypass: The Empress Trem employs true bypass, so you can be sure that it's not affecting the signal when disengaged.
- Perfect Size: he enclosure measures approximately 4.5" by 3.5" by 1.5", which is delightfully small when considering all the features packed into this unit.
- Two Year Warranty: The Empress Tremolo comes with a two-year manufacturer's warranty. You can extend the warranty to 4 years by simply registering online at the Empress website.
REVIEWS & USER COMMENTS:
HARMONY CENTRAL USER REVIEW 11/5/2008:
"Sounds perfect. No flaws. Seriously, this is a tremolo w/ no flaws. No volume drop, presice wave forms, no colouration in tone."
HARMONY CENTRAL USER REVIEW 10/29/2008:
"One word. Pristine. A common problem with most Tremolos is volume loss. My signal actually gets louder when I switch this unit on. Unlike other units, this pedal has a gain (volume) knob. But again, above the gain, the sound quality is absolutely pristine. And again, much like the SuperDelay, it's like having studio rack quality sound packed into a pedal. The signal path is also 100% analog for you sound enthusiasts out there. It's controlled digitally, but the sound path is all analog."
HARMONY CENTRAL USER REVIEW 5/21/2008:
"Tremolo is my favorite effect and I was looking for something that would deliver vintage-style tremolo with some added flexibility. I play with mostly clean tones, so I was also looking for something that would be quiet and transparent, preferably with true-bypass on/off switching. The Empress Tremolo delivered all of that and more. It's got a great analog tremolo sound that covers everything from deep, swampy, throbs to manic, staccato stutters. The ranges of both the rate and depth controls far exceed any other pedal or built-in amp trem I've used, especially when you add the 3 possible wave shapes. The depth control is extremely effective, giving you everything from a light shimmer to a thick, rich wobble. The 2-speed mode includes a ramping effect that smoothly transitions from one speed to the other, much like an old Leslie speed control. Very nice! Tap-tempo mode, of course, is great for matching tremolo pulses to the music. The 'rhythm' feature is unique to the Empress design (as far as I know) and allows you to emphasize selected pulses with 8 different settings possible. I'm still getting used to this one, myself, but it really adds a whole new dimension to the tremolo effect. This feature will be fun to explore. And the Empress Tremolo does all of this without changing the core tone of the guitar and does it with absolutely no added noise. This unit was obviously well engineered. Kudos to Empress for coming up with an original take on an old effect and for outstanding execution of that design."
ALL HARMONY CENTRAL USER REVIEWS