Our Price: $359.00
Price Includes FREE Ground Shipping!
ZVEX Box of Metal, Handpainted:
The ZVEX Box of Metal is an aggressive high-gain pedal with a highly-effective built-in switchable gate which dramatically reduces noise and unwanted feedback. In addition to the handpainted BOM (w/lifetime manufacturer's warranty to the original purchaser) featured on this page, it is also available
in Vexter (2-year warranty) and
USA-Vexter (2-year warranty) versions. Its gain and tonal characteristics are somewhat similar to high-gain tube amplifiers that have been the staple of hard rock and metal sounds since the 80's. On the right, there is a true- bypass switch with an indicator LED to bypass the entire effect. On the left is a gate switch which is only effective when the pedal is on (the gate cannot be used separately.) When the gate's LED (on the left side of the pedal) is ON, the gate will be active whenever the pedal is turned on. The gate is very useful for cleaning up any noise between palm-muted chords and lead phrases, but may be switched off to initiate feedback or to stretch out soloed notes that are fading into noise. Switching off and on the gate is silent so the gating action of the pedal can instantly be changed during any part of the performance to fluidly integrate soloing and palm-muted chords.
- Gate: Adjust for your playing style. When fully clockwise, palm-muting will create an audible thump and bumping the strings will open the gate. Turn down to make the gate tighter. Gate is unaffected by other controls.
- Drive: Sets the amount of distortion. The BOM does NOT clean up. This control goes from hard to very hard. It may crackle when turned... this is perfectly normal.
- Treble: Adjust for treble content. Use this in tandem with your amp's presence and treble controls to get the precise top-end texture... the presence control is very important on your amp, if you have one.
- Midrange: Adjust to accentuate or scoop out mids.
- Bass: Sets the bass/sub-bass level.
- Volume: Sets the output volume of the pedal.
- Notes: Note that the LED on the RIGHT is for the BYPASS switch and the LED on the LEFT is for the GATE. The Drive control is based on ZVEX's original Super Hard-On gain control, so it may crackle when turned. This is perfectly normal.
REVIEWS & USER COMMENTS:
HARMONY CENTRAL USER REVIEW 2/24/2008:
"This pedal does give a lil' buzz but nothing that is too much. It is a very heavy pedal, sounds the same when you engage a Dirty Channel on a Marshall noise wise. The distortion is in no way weak, it's intense. Not for the faint of heart, but has some amazing overtones and harmonic textures to the pedal. Pinch-harmonics till the cows come home man! I got my sound, I could achieve most distortion sounds if I wanted to, but with the controls. (vol, bass, mid, treble, gain, gate.) You can find YOUR tone and that's what this pedal is about. It pulls off some great Zack Wylde sounds and is an amazing pedal! I play alot of different types of music, and this pedal fits in when I need it for some damage, heavy distortion damage but not like a Metal Zone that masks your tone!"
HARMONY CENTRAL USER REVIEW 2/24/2008:
"This pedal is does create some noise, but none more or less than what's to be expected of a distortion pedal of this magnitude. If you are looking for 'balls to the walls' distortion with rich harmonics, this pedal is for you. It takes no prisoners, and sounds so damn good! I can get a very nice 'Satch' sound to 'Jimi'. This pedal really is versatile in the tonal options, but it does NOT cleanup with the volume knob, so it's a choice. To Distort or not to Distort! It's the best Distortion Pedal I've ever played or heard personally."
HARMONY CENTRAL USER REVIEW 2/17/2008:
"I love the built in noise gate, without it my single coil Telecaster would create untold hum. It now sounds like a humbucker guitar with the Box of Metal on. This has helped me come up with some great metal sounding songs. Palm muting with my amps own dirty channel always sounded weak, now I get the bassy thud that I always wanted. Oh yeah I forgot to mention you can get a great scooped tone out of this pedal. If you wanted a Hi Gain sound but dont want to buy a whole new amp then this would be ideal."
ALL HARMONY CENTRAL USER REVIEWS