Toll Free Help/Orders:
Concorde+ Treble Booster
Our Price: $319.99
Price Includes FREE Ground Shipping!
Roger Mayer Concorde+ Treble Booster:
The Concorde+ Treble Booster, housed in the new Vision Series enclosure, uses both silicon and germanium transistors in a unique configuration to obtain the best tone qualities from the marriage. When Roger first started designing pedals in 1961 he produced a treble booster that was tried and used by many of his friends, including Jimmy Page, who played in local bands. The circuit configuration was a standard textbook example but required careful attention to biasing and selection of transistors to obtain the best from this simple circuit. There were many subsequent commercial versions of this type of circuit produced in the sixties that were not available at the time Roger first designed his and today Roger's been asked to produce a more flexible version of his early design. The modern clones of the ultra simple treble boosters lack in flexibility and Roger believes they are of very limited use. The Concorde+ uses a unique approach of combining a low noise class A silicon drive circuit with passive tone shaping to drive a fully optimised germanium treble booster. This results in giving the simple circuit new life and explores its sonic boundaries to the maximum. It is now possible to add drive and distortion with EQ before the treble booster section. It is also possible to set the silicon drive section to drive the treble booster section much harder than any guitar pickup could ever do without any added distortion but with the added feature of having EQ prior to the treble booster. So if you want the qualities of soft germanium type distortion overload characteristics that this circuit will produce or you want to explore the more radical germanium distortion possibilities the Concorde+ will deliver. The front panel controls of DRIVE, TONE and OUTPUT control the many tonal variations that help bring the humble treble booster forward to the future.
New Additional Features:
- MULTI-MODE OUTPUTS / HARD WIRE BYPASS: The Vision Series all have a true hard wire output plus two buffered outputs that can drive long cable lengths with no high frequency loss. These buffered outputs are disconnected when the hard wire output is being used. This feature is unique and means that all possible set up situations are catered for whether you want a true hard wire output or you need the advantages of buffered outputs. This should end the debate over which is best. You now can make the choice yourself.
- Mode 1:There is no jack plug inserted into the Hard Wire Output (HW OUT1): The input of the buffer is connected through switching contacts on this jack socket (HW OUT1) to the foot switching output ( "full bypass" or "effect" ) and the two buffer outputs ( BF OUT2 ) and ( BF OUT3 ) will thus follow the foot switching action. In this "bypass mode" however the input of the buffer is only connected to the Input jack socket of the unit and not to the Octavia circuit as well so it can be thought of as "full bypass buffered".
- Mode 2: When a jack is inserted into the Hard Wire Output (HW OUT1): The input of the buffer is disconnected and no output signal will appear at the two buffered outputs. The Hard Wire Output ( HW OUT1 ) will follow the foot switching output ( "full bypass" or "effect" ). In this "bypass mode" the Hard Wire Output ( HW OUT1 ) is directly connected to the Input jack socket and to nothing else in the unit and is in "full bypass" - "true bypass" or "hard wire bypass" mode as the input is directly connected to the output through the foot switch and to nothing else.
- LED: An LED shows the status of the effect. The LED also shows a low battery condition and will fail to light in either status thus showing that battery replacement is required.
- RAPID BATTERY CHANGE: No more screws to lose! Slide the front panel back and there is the battery. It could not be simpler or faster. See picture below.
- LONG BATTERY LIFE: Battery life has been optimised for all models by the carefull use of discrete circuitry.
- EXTERNAL POWER ADAPTER / SUPPLY: An external AC adapter (not supplied) can be used and access is through a standard DC power jack situated next to the jack sockets. It uses the standard negative centre pin connection protocol used by many leading manufacturers. Internal onboard filtering ensures that optimum low noise performance is maintained and diode protection provides peace of mind in case of polarity setting mistakes.
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN: The position of the jack sockets and DC power jack are all on the same side of the enclosure and face away from you thus enabling the effect to be optimally positioned in pedal board set-ups.