J. Nunis Custom Guitars SC-1 Single Cutaway Skate Punk Amber:
Our Price: $1799.99
J. Nunis Custom Guitars
SC-1 Single Cutaway Skate Punk Amber
(Click Images Below for Large Closeup Images)
Price Includes FREE Ground Shipping!
- Handmade in the USA
- Construction: Set Neck; w/Cutaway Knuckle Scoop for easy upper fret access
- Neck: 24 3/4"scale; 22 frets; 12" radius
- Type of frets: Jumbo Stainless Steel
- Neck Dimensions: 1 5/8" @ nut, 2 1/4" @ 22nd fret
- Neck Material: Bound (in white), Hand-selected Gabon Ebony Fretboard with fret-edge binding; Hand-selected 3-Piece Eastern Hard Rock Maple neck with hand-rubbed Oil Finish--a dream to hold and play. These necks feel GREAT!
- Nut: Graphite
- Headstock: Trans Faded-Black Flame Maple Overlay, Vintage-Angled, Nunis Signature, Standard Size, 3-on-a-side Headstock. Back of Headstock painted black.
- Tuners: Sperzel Locking
- Inlays: Nunis Custom offset block Mother-of-Pearl inlays; side dots
- Body Material: Hand selected Honduras Mahogany, bound in black
- Body Thickness: 1 11/16"
- Weight: 8.8 lbs
- Bridge: Tune-o-matic w/Stop Tailpiece
- Pickups: Seymour Duncan®: Bridge: Custom-Custom ; Neck: 59
- Hardware: Chrome with Black Speed Knobs
- Controls: 2 Volumes; 2 Tones; 3-Way Switchcraft® Switch; CTS pots; Switchcraft® input jack
- Top: A beautiful two piece top in a highly-figured 3-Dimensional flamed/spalted maple,
with a deep amber stain with darker accents in the flames, painted black back, all finished in thin handrubbed nitrocellulose lacquer
- Original J. Nunis Hardshell case included!
- These guitars are made by hand one-at-a-time. There are no CNC machines used. The bodies are cut on a bandsaw from
templates. The tops are hand-carved. Sanding is done by hand. These are not cookie-cutter, lollypop guitars.
Each one is a little bit different because they are not made by computers; they are made by a human being.
They have tons of personality and tons of mojo, and they are a blast to play.
REVIEWS & USER COMMENTS on J. Nunis Custom Guitars:
HARMONY CENTRAL USER REVIEW 4/14/2005:
"I love everything about this guitar and there's nothing I hate... I was in the market for a PRS and played every one in town but couldn't find the magic those guitars once had. I chose this one because it has that special quality that only hand made guitars have... soul. With my J.Nunis Custom I've finally found my voice."
HARMONY CENTRAL USER REVIEW 8/22/2005:
"Been playing for 18 years. I have owned 9 different PRS in that time, as well as, Ibanez, Charvel, Taylor, Ovation, and Rahan customs. This guitar has become my #1 piece out of 10 guitars I currently own. In any price range this guitar would be a value. But at the price point Jim sells them at, they're a steal!!"
HARMONY CENTRAL USER REVIEW 7/27/2005:
"I have been playing Nunis Custom Guitars for about 2 years. On the way back from a couple of shows in New York, an airline mis-handled my guitar and the neck had snapped, it was a early 90's Les Paul Standard. I had heard from a friend that Jim Nunis could repair it. I gave Jim a call and we hit it off. Jim wanted me to come over to his house and see first-hand how his operation worked. Jim Nunis made a custom guitar for me in 2 weeks. The minute I picked up the guitar I gave Jim a check and told him to sell my Les-Paul on ebay after he repaired it. I f I could compare Nunis Custom Guitars to any guitar on the market it would be a 59 Les Paul Standard (if you can find one on the market). The guitars are constructed by hand for best tone and no scrap wood is used. Custom inlay work is included on every guitar."
HARMONY CENTRAL USER REVIEW 7/27/2005:
"I've been playing for 34 years. I own a wide variety of guitars and amps. Most of my guitars just sit in their cases while I use my Nunis guitar. The color on the top is incredible. It really brings the flame out. I would have another built if it was stolen. The best feature is the way it just sits with you and flows as you play it. A lot of guitars fight you, this one is an extension of you. I was going to buy another flamed Gibson Les Paul, but after I checked this out I couldn't. I'm thinking of selling my PRS."
HARMONY CENTRAL USER REVIEW 3/11/2005:
"It's the only guitar I found that appealed to my taste for Historic or Vintage Gibson Les Pauls but in a body design that more like a PRS single cut, I could never afford a private stock PRS with these same features as it would be a $8000 guitar from PRS and while I love traditional Les Pauls even the lightest LP is still not as comfortable in my hands as the Nunis was and for about the price of a plain old Les Paul standard I got a hand crafted instrument."